I've been tinkering with apple crisp for a while, and this recipe is the clear winner. The tin foil is key to getting the almond flour crumble crispy. This dish is indulgent enough for dessert and healthy enough for breakfast.
3 Gala Apples
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
3 Tbsp butter
1 Cup almond flour
1/2 Cup coconut flakes
1 Large egg
- Peel and cut apples thinly + evenly.
- Liberally grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Toss with cinnamon and nutmeg, then add to pan.
- Lightly beat egg.
- Slowly add almond flour, then coconut flakes to bowl and stir well. You want the mixture to hold together, but remain dry and crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and pour over apples. Then, crumble topping over the apples.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and cook for 30-45 minutes. Remove tin foil and keep cooking for 10-15 minutes, until the crumble just starts to brown and apples are tender.