Check out these cuties. These cookies are light and crumbly, and a great reminder of how versatile gluten-free baking can be. Enjoy with coffee or tea!
½ Cup coconut flour
½ Cup almond flour
⅛ Teaspoon baking soda
¼ Cup butter, softened
6 Tbsp honey
1 Large egg white
1 Teaspoon almond extract
- Stir together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and honey at medium speed of electric hand mixer. Beat in egg white and almond extract.
- Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Shape dough into small balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart; flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Using the rounded end of a wooden spoon or your finger, carefully create an indent in the center of each cookie. If they break apart, gently reshape them with your hands. Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes until cookies are set, but not browned. Allow them to cool completely before removing from the sheet-- otherwise, they may break apart.