This hash is easy, satisfying, and versatile. You can use any variety of winter squash, and you can enjoy it as a side, or as a main course.
A note on feta cheese: This is an advanced SCD food that doesn't work for everyone, so please proceed cautiously!
2.5 Cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
1/2 of an onion
4 Cloves garlic
4 Thick slabs of bacon
1 Teaspoon sage
Optional: Handful of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Roast squash for 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- While squash is roasting, cut up garlic and onion.
- Fry bacon in a pan til slightly crispy, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Cook garlic and onions in bacon grease for about 5 minutes, til tender and aromatic.
- When squash is ready, throw it in the frying pan with bacon, onions, garlic and sage. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low, til flavors are well-melded.
- Remove from pan, sprinkle feta over top and enjoy!