This pesto could make cardboard taste good. Try it out on spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or bread.
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Cup Roasted and shelled pistachios
1 Teaspoon sage leaves
4 Tbsp butter
4 Cloves garlic
1 Tbsp lemon juice
6 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Halve the squash and scoop out seeds. Roast squash cut-side down for 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- When cooled, scrape out inside with a fork, which will form fun spaghetti strands. Salt to taste.
- Melt butter on medium-low heat in a large frying pan. Add garlic, pistachios, and sage and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Pulse with an immersion blender until smooth. You may need to add more olive oil to smooth it out. Add salt to taste.
- Add a bit of olive oil, spaghetti squash, and pesto to pan and cook over low heat until everything is well incorporated and warm (you may need to work in batches). Serve hot!