This curried apple "couscous" cooks up in about 10 minutes. It's a delicious (and fancy!) option for a vegetarian dinner.
This recipe has been adapted for SCD from 101 Cookbooks.
Prep Time: 10m
Total Time: 20m
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Apples, cored and chopped
3 Green onions, thinly sliced
1.5 Tablespoons Curry Powder
2 Cups of cauliflower "couscous"
Small handful of mint, chopped
1/2 Cup toasted pine nuts
1 Teaspoon sea salt
For the couscous:
1. Cut your cauliflower into small florets.
2. Transfer cauliflower to a food processor if you have one handy. If not, you can use the large holes of a box grater.
3. Process the cauliflower in 1-second pulses until completely broken down into couscous-sized pieces.
For the curry:
1. In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add curry powder and salt, and stir well for about 1 minute.
2. Add chopped apples, cook for about 3 minutes until apples are tender.
3. Transfer apples to a separate bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan, and fry green onions for about 2 minutes. Add grated cauliflower and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Stir in apples, chopped mint, and pine nuts. Add additional salt and curry powder to taste.