After starting SCD, this was always staple in our house. Devour it fresh out of the oven, or try it toasted with butter and cinnamon. It's also a tasty and decadent base for French toast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add two eggs and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add almond flour, stirring to incorporate. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
- Add vanilla extract and melted cacao butter.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Add batter and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Remove when a knife comes out clean.
- Wait for bread to cool. Enjoy as is, or slice off 1-2 inch thick pieces and toast until browned. Spread butter, honey, and cinnamon on top.
- 2 Over-ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1/4 Cup Honey (Optional, depending on how sweet your bananas are)
- Pinch salt
- 3.5 Tbsp melted cacao butter
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp baking soda